About Me

Dr. J. (James) Alva Scruggs received a B. S. degree in Chemistry from Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University, M. S. in Chemistry from Southern Connecticut State University, M. A./ Degree in Urban Studies from Occidental College, and a Doctorate in Education Administration from the University of Massachusetts.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

DON’T CALL ME BLACK!

In the olden days Blacks would say, "Don't call me Black!" The public image of Blacks was so negative in those times!
They were not proud of their color. 

Today I am saying, "Don't call me Black!" This has nothing to do with color. But this is because of the fact that the lack of voting in election 2010 showed the world that we are a silly people-brain washed by nagative race images, ignorant,  weak, small and unimportant!! We had the power to sway this most important election in our hands and would not use it! It seems that Blacks need a special incentives (a dance, a party, some fried fish or barbaqueed ribs) to get their vote out every time!

In addition, if I hear that song "We Shall Over Come" one more time I think that I will throw chunks!

No comments: